Tuesday 14 August 2007

Seize the day!

I am a Ultra-Marathon runner who lives in Munzingen. Among many other things, I have conquered "Marathon des Sables" twice. Not only have I successfully completed many extreme sport challenges, but also a full time job and being a single mother.

I often return from my marathon trips with "excess luggage". It's neither tons sand from the Sahara making my bag so heavy nor stones from the Great Wall of China. This "excess baggage" is however everything but a burden - on the contrary. It's made up of brilliant experiences and pearls of wisdom I'd like to share with you.
People are always asking me: "How does that work, kids, work, training for Ultra-events?" My answer: Seize the day! You can't give your life more days, but you can certainly give the day much more life! I'm noticing more and more that a lot of people are looking for something else in life. They're stuck in the swamp and can't get out.

We all want more time - but it seems that's the thing we waste the most of. If something's important to you, do it today, not tomorrow, as the more "tomorrow's" you collect, the bigger your pile of useless "yesterday's" will get.

I've got some homework for you - let your fantasy flow. What's your biggest dream and what's preventing you from starting to make it reality today?

No comments: